Lemon shortbread rounds



I have a photo shoot next week for a recipe/article I'll be writing up for an Art and Food magazine called Limonada! I just happened to send an email to the right person at the right time, who happened to really like my blog... and the rest is history! I kind of have to pinch myself to believe it, but its starting to happen! I'm really psyched (and nervous!!).So, I have to make something for tea, and the main ingredient has to be strawberries, because its the spring issue coming out in September... I've been bouncing ideas in my head and have gone from strawberry tart, crepes, to cheesecake strawberry jam, strudel, cupcakes and even strawberry ice cream sandwiches.. so many ideas, such a big decision. I've finally decided to go in for a classic... I'm going to be making strawberry shortcake and strawberry honey and mint smoothie to go with it. Today I'm trying out recipes and deciding what kind of shortcake I want.... Should I go for a sponge-layered cake, of should I go the filled scone-biscuit technique... maybe even a shortbread shortcake... I thought of having people over for samples and debating, but I'm having more of a lazy day by myself in the kitchen, walking around in my pj's, singing out of tune and taking breaks to watch In treatment....


The first option Im trying out is shortbread... Iv just pulled out of the oven lemon shortbread rounds and Im still building courage to walk out into the cold to go buy some strawberries and cream to make the filling... In the mean-time, I can share with you the recipe for these because they can totally stand alone for as cookies for tea.

Lemon Shortbread Rounds
Yield- 12 rounds

Ingredients:
120 gr butter (chilled)
1/2 cup of confectioners sugar (superfine)
1 teaspoon of lemon extract
1 cup of flour
1/4 cornmeal

Instructions:
-Cream butter and sugar until pale and frothy
-Add lemon extract, flour and cornmeal
-Combine well and lightly knead dough into a ball
-Roll out dough in between
-Cut out rounds (or any other shape you like)
-Chill in the freezer for 10 (or until firm)
-Meanwhile preheat oven to 160 C
-Bake for 15-20 minutes or until its starts to turn slightly golden around the edges
-Let cool and then dust confectioners sugar


Luz

Phasellus facilisis convallis metus, ut imperdiet augue auctor nec. Duis at velit id augue lobortis porta. Sed varius, enim accumsan aliquam tincidunt, tortor urna vulputate quam, eget finibus urna est in augue.

1 comentario: