Carrot cake

I opened the fridge at 2 am last night as I tried to figure what to do with my insomnia. I didnt feel like going out, so I decided to make it a cooking, working and movies with snacks night. After I didnt find a good movie and I got tired of writing I went for the fridge. I wasnt really hungry but I felt like whipping something up, and suddenly there they were, a ton of gorgeous looking carrots I bought this week and they were calling out to me... So I gave in... and searched for my Carrot Cake Recipe that I will share with you now....






Carrot Cake recipe
(yield, 1 cake)
Ingredients
-2 eggs
-1/2 cup of oil
-1 cup of sugar
-1 tsp vanilla extract
-1 and 1/2 tbsp baking powder
-1 tsp of cinnamon
-1 tsp of nutmeg or all spice
-1 cup of flour
-2 grated carrots
For the frosting:
-1/2 cup confectioner's sugar
-1 tsp vanilla extract
-2 or 3 tsps of milk
-Flaked coconut


Directions
-Beat the eggs, oil and sugar until very well combined
-Add vanilla, cinnamon and allspice
-Add flour and baking powder in a couple of times, mixing well to incorporate and avoid any lumps
-Lastly add the finely grated carrots
-Place mixture in a greased cake tin
-Cook for 40 to 50 minutes at 170 C
-Let cool before frosting the cake
-For the frosting mix all ingredients together until it forms a paste, add more sugar or milk to obtain desired consistency







Luz

Phasellus facilisis convallis metus, ut imperdiet augue auctor nec. Duis at velit id augue lobortis porta. Sed varius, enim accumsan aliquam tincidunt, tortor urna vulputate quam, eget finibus urna est in augue.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario