Monday Coconut Cookies

Shame on me... I didnt bake on Sunday. We had a late night out on Saturday and ended up sleeping till noon. We woke up had brunch, showered and off to the in-law's for cards and dinner we got back late and there was.. well, no baking.
However, having worked from home today, I had the chance to redeem myself and made Monday Cookies.
I adopted the cutest little kitten ever and I wanted to have a day with her in order to bond, make sure she feels at home and also check up on her so that she doesnt start destroying and scratching everything in sight.
As I was putting my script to rest and wasnt going to start any new assigments for the day, I decided to research on names for the little one, and playing around with food terms, I came across a recipe for Coconut Cookies and decided to experiment and invent a Monday Coconut Cookie recipe !

My original ideas was to do something around a coconut shortbread. They ultimately came out a little crumbly, not too sweet, not too coconuty and not too buttery. Personally I'd like to add a little more coconut and maybe some more butter next time around, but they're worth trying out ! So here it the recipe:



Coconut Cookies
Yield: about 20 medium cookies.

Ingredients
1 cup all purpose flour
75 gr butter
50 gr confectioners sugar
50 gr sweetend flaked coconut
1 tsp coconut cookies
1tsp milk

Instructions:
-Preheat oven to 180 degrees.
-Mix flour and butter in a food processor
-Add confectioners sugar and coconut, process until its a crumbly mixture
-Add the milk and with your hands, warm up the butter and bring together the dough
-Stretch out dough and cut into the shape that you'd like
-Bake in the oven for around 15 minutes
-Sprinkles with a little more confectioners sugar. 

Luz

Phasellus facilisis convallis metus, ut imperdiet augue auctor nec. Duis at velit id augue lobortis porta. Sed varius, enim accumsan aliquam tincidunt, tortor urna vulputate quam, eget finibus urna est in augue.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario