Home made Burger Buns

The boyfriend and I had decided that Monday was the day to start eating healthier after a weekend of overindulgance. Monday evening I had planned to cook stuffed butternut squash with soup and salad, but my taste buds saw the meat and were craving for something a little more lets say fun. Since I had defrosted the minced meat I thought home made cheeseburgers ! (thats healthy enough, right?). So since I was already doing home made burgers I thought, well now I have to have homemade buns, hence the title.

Not really too much effort and totally worth the 2 hrs wait. They're a little on the sweet side, and I can imagine they could work perfectly as a breakfast roll with butter and marmalade.


Here's the recipe! Try them out and tell me what you think !

Burger Buns
Yield- 12 buns

Ingredients
-3 cups of flour
-1/2 cup warm milk
-1/2 cup warm water
-2 tsp butter
-1 large egg, beaten
-2 and 1/2 tsp instant yeast
-1/4 cup sugar
-2 tsp salt
-Sesame seeds, optional. 

Instructions
-Put all ingredients in a bread machine and choose dough cycle. Keep a bit of the egg t obrush buns before they go in the oven.
-Punch down dough and separate into 12 pieces. Shape into balls and press down.
-Brush with egg and sprinkle with sesame seeds (optional)
-Let the rise for 20 more minutes and then place in a preheated oven for about 12' (200C).




Luz

Phasellus facilisis convallis metus, ut imperdiet augue auctor nec. Duis at velit id augue lobortis porta. Sed varius, enim accumsan aliquam tincidunt, tortor urna vulputate quam, eget finibus urna est in augue.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario