Chocolate Fudge Brownie Cookie Squares & Bars


Think on chocolate. Think of a dense, rich chocolate fudge brownie. Now think of a cookie that can give you exactly that but is a cookie instead of a brownie, and you're thinking what I'm thinking!
The true story behind this brownie cookies is that I didnt have enough eggs in the fridge to make a big full batch of brownies for my friends that were coming over to see wedding and honeymoon pictures (not mine! one of my friends got married a couple of months ago and since she moved out of the city we dont see her very often, lucky us, her husband was away for business so she decided to visit). Since it was kind of a special coming over I didnt want to be empty handed when I invited them in, so I improvised. As it turned out, my invention not only came out close to what I predicted, Im keeping the recipe for upcoming events. They are as rich and dense as you would expect a good brownie to be, some chewiness in the middle, but a crunchier outside. Since they're quite fin, you go in for another bite immediately.


I hope you try them out or feel inspired to turn them around and make something new. Let me know what you come up with!


Brownie Cookie Bars
Yield: 9 squares, 18 bars or 34 bite size squared cookies

Ingredients:
1 egg
1/4 cup of oil
1/2 cup white sugar
  • 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
  • 4 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
  • 1/8 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt

  • Instructions: 


  • -Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 9x9 inch baking pan.
  • -In a medium bowl, mix together oil, sugar, and 
    • vanilla. Beat in eggs. Combine flour, cocoa, baking powder, and salt; gradually stir into the egg mixture until well blended. Stir in walnuts, if desired. Spread the batter evenly into the prepared pan.
    • -Bake for 20 minutes, or until the brownie begins to pull away from edges of pan. Let cool on a wire rack 
    before cutting.















Luz

Phasellus facilisis convallis metus, ut imperdiet augue auctor nec. Duis at velit id augue lobortis porta. Sed varius, enim accumsan aliquam tincidunt, tortor urna vulputate quam, eget finibus urna est in augue.

1 comentario:

  1. ya me decidi. cuando te vaya a visitar en diciembre, quiero que me cocines esto!

    ResponderEliminar